cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos: Local generated traffic

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

I understand locally generated traffic on a router example such OSPF, BFD are not controlled by Qos and are such packets have pak_priority flag set.

So a packet with pak_priority flag are not dropped by Qos if there is congestion. Is this hardware specific?

Francisco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Francisco,

a system hidden queue for routing protocol messsages doe not exist in all platforms

it is present on ISR routers C3600 and C2600.

It is not present on C7500, GSR for example.

creating a traffic class for providing some resources to routing protocols may be a safe move

We did a test between a C3640 and C7500 to demonstrate this: the BGP session was falling down on C3640 side when link was congested not on C7500 side that was able to receive messages (hidden system queue on C3640)

Edit:

how is going with BFD on that link india-singapore.

Am I remembering correctly?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Francisco,

a system hidden queue for routing protocol messsages doe not exist in all platforms

it is present on ISR routers C3600 and C2600.

It is not present on C7500, GSR for example.

creating a traffic class for providing some resources to routing protocols may be a safe move

We did a test between a C3640 and C7500 to demonstrate this: the BGP session was falling down on C3640 side when link was congested not on C7500 side that was able to receive messages (hidden system queue on C3640)

Edit:

how is going with BFD on that link india-singapore.

Am I remembering correctly?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

As always thanks for the clarification .

I had a feeling it only available on specific platforms.

Infact this discussion is regarding the hardware (7300)  i enabled bfd on and after increasing the bfd timer, i no longer see the bfd down logs so yeah bfd seems to be working as expected. again thanks for your assiatant the other day.

Is the  hidden system queue only takes care of local generated traffic and available on 7300?

Can you provide me a document regarding hidden queue for my referencing.

Regards,

Francisco.

mark, i found same problem.

customer config class-default bandwidth to 0, so bgp neighbor down

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: