Views
Helpful
Replies

A uniue requirement in VPN environment

nimalrajphilips
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this funny requirement. I have two different internet connection to our branch office in different location. I have setup VPN connection to the branch office using both the internet connection.

Now, when i want to send data to the branch office, i want to use 1st VPN link. When i want to receive the reply from them, i want receive it through 2nd VPN connection.

So, basically transmission will be through one link and the reception will be through another link.

Can i acheive this from a Cisco router / firewall environment? Can any one guide me on this?

Cheers

nimal

1 Reply 1

Hi,

For instance you can have the two VPN tunnels configured between the two sites.

By means of routing, you tell on each side which path to take to the other side (no problem).

The thing is that when you define two VPN peers for the same interesting traffic, only one tunnel is going to be preferred over the other. This means the traffic will come and go over the preferred VPN tunnel all the time (even if having both tunnels configured, and manipulate the routes).

I don't see this working, any way you can give it a shot, or perhaps somebody else have done it.

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card