Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 and ENG

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi folks,

Why does Unity 7 insist on DVD2 when I specified English?? How do I install English only during initial install?

Thanks

Rich

11 Replies 11

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unless you select otherwise, English is the default language installed by Unity.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Sorry, I meant UK English

Hi

Quote from the install guide:

"For regional settings, select a locale in the Your Locale (Location) list. The locale you select must match one of the system-prompts languages that you will install for Cisco Unity. Note that Cisco Unity Setup always installs the English (United States) system prompts."

You always get US, you can install real English as well.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

US English is always installed by default. For UK English, you need to install the Locale.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for replies but I'm confused why it asks for DVD2. DVD2 is not UK English.

Hi

DVD2 has ENG on it.

Take a look in the prompts folder...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

My DVD2 doesn't have ENG on it. It has same as Release Notes:

Language files for the following languages:

ARA (Arabic-Saudi Arabia)

CAT (Catalan-Spain)

CHS (Chinese-PRC)

CHT (Chinese-Taiwan)

CSY (Czech-Czech Republic)

CYM (Welsh-Wales)

DAN (Danish-Denmark)

Any suggestions?

Rich

Hi

Odd, mine does.

Not sure what else to tell you...

Aaron

Ditto. What version do you have?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:56 PM, aaronharrison

7.02. The release notes say UK English is on DVD3 which agrees with what I downloaded from CCO.

Hi Folks,

This problem was caused by Cisco's Download 'Mangler'. The Java download manager messes up the Unity DVD downloads (it downloads wrong discs! - as confirmed by TAC).

Sorted now but word to the wise-steer clear of Download Manager!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: