cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Auth Redirect Issues

dcosta963
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up a web authentication disclaimer page for our guest wireless network. I have uploaded the files to both of our WLC4404 controllers with out a problem. I have tested the webpage from the controller after the down load and all the features work great. On the page however we have an accept button. When this button is clicked we'd like to go to a web page ex: http://www.?????.com. When clicking on this button it acts like it is going to go to the web page, the web page address is listed in the address bar but then it get's reditected back to the web authentication page. It seems like a loop and traffic is not allowed out. But again when done from the controller it works great, we can click on accept and it goes straight to the webpage. Any suggestions would be greatly appricated.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not sure if it will matter or not but what code version are you using?  The reason I asked is that I know awhile back there was a wierd issue with the web redirect and certain versions of web browsers that would cause it to get caught in the loop you describe when you were trying what your attempting to do with it.  It had something to do with meta tagging and caching a cookie or something; I know it was really really wierd.

Not sure this is much help..

Thanks,

Kayle

Currently were on software version v5.2.193.0

I'm a little confused with you saying "it works great". You just mean the page loads great?

It sound to me like you have a mis-configuration on your page. If your accept button is set to be like a redirect to a specific URL, then I would have to assume you are not doing it correctly.  The accept button should be sending information back to the WLC to flag that you have webauthenticated, then the WLC will redirect the user.

So, you either should be configuring on the WLC a manual redirect (security > webauth) or you should modify your webpage to set the redirect url within the script provided in the webauth samples.

Again, if you are saying your page has been configured to redirect to a url upon the Accept button, then I can only assume your accept button isn't sending the proper data back to the WLC.   So redirecting to URL XXXXXXXXX.COM is only going to trigger the WLC to redirect you back to the login page.

Perhaps you can post your custom login page here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card