MSM Permissions to Message Store

tom
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 6.1.4

Unity version = 5.0(1.0)

Cisco Message Store Manager=1.4.0.38

Gentlemen:

On both of my Unity Servers, I am running Unity Tools MSM to flush deleted messages more than 30 days old.

The MSM operating successfully a month ago on both Servers, but now it is not able to run for some reason one of the Servers. The one Server will not flush.

The error logs seem to indicate a permissions issue.

I have tried running MSM under all my Unity accounts with no success.

UnityAdmin

UnityInstall

UnityMsgStoreSvs

I thought the UnityMsgStoreSvs would work but it does not.

Again, my other Server works fine..I use UnityAdmin to run MSM on that one.

Maybe I just hosed my MSM app.

Can I solicit a few tips from the experts?

Thanks, Tom

12 Replies 12

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

First question and I apologize if it's too obvious, is this a Unity failover pair or two disparate Unity systems?  Also, can you send the error you are receiving on the server that MSM doesn't work on?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David..It is not fail over. I guess it is just a group. They are independent Servers. pleae see the enclosed PIC.

Can I send a few logs to a private email address??

Thanks, Tom

Yeah. I'm on the road today so give me a bit and I'll PM you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2010, at 9:33 AM, "tom@fcso.us"

David...sure that is fine. I am see you are an iPhone user. I ready to make the switch to an iPhone. I have used BB's and even used the Droid. It is hard to beat the functionality and ease of use of an iPhone.

G3s for me.  Tom

Guys: I am still trying to fix my MSM. Do these errors look familar to anyone?

I'll take a look when I get back to the office. Did you get my PM

with my contact info a few days ago?

Hailey

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:14 PM, "tom@fcso.us"

yes I got you PM....I thought you might be back...No problem

If you sent these to me they may have gotten flagged in my spam and I

missed it. I'll see if I can be of assistance in a couple hours here.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:33 PM, "tom@fcso.us"

here is a preview ...I can send the file again if needed..BTW i am EST I am leaving in few minutes..

Cisco Unity Message Store Manager Version 1.4.0.38

CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CTaskView::DisplayTasks(). [TaskView.cpp::216]
ITask::Activate() failed - Code: 0x80070002. Method: CTaskHelper::OpenTask(). [TaskHelper.cpp::130]
CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CTaskView::DisplayTasks(). [TaskView.cpp::216]

ITask::Activate() failed - Code: 0x80070002. Method: CTaskHelper::OpenTask(). [TaskHelper.cpp::130]
CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CAgentView::DeleteAgentTasks(). [AgentView.cpp::431]
CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CAgentView::DeleteAgentTasks(). [AgentView.cpp::431]

Unfortunately, these are a bit cryptic without doing some further research.  Unfortunately, the MSMConsoleDiag.log captures low-level diagnostics and errors and is geared towards Cisco Unity engineers for troubleshooting.  It is a TAC supported tool so that is an option here as well but...

Here's what I would try first and foremost (if you haven't already).  You are 2 revs behind the latest MSM tool.  I would download the latest MSM and install it on this server and see if you have the same issues.  When you do this, be aware of the following:  If you install a new version of Messages Store Manager in a directory different than the directory in which an earlier version was installed, you will need to copy the data file MSMDATA.XML from the old directory to the new directory to use the settings already configured.

You could also use the Check Mailstore Access function to ensure your rights on the mailstore have not been changed inadvertently.  This can be done on your current version or the upgraded version.

That's how I'd go first and I'll see what else I can dig up for you.

Hailey

David, every thing looks in order. Please see my logs and pics.

I am at the latest rev. now

TAC is stumped on this one too

I have tried about everything:

Deleting and recreating agents

Running with different users

TAC did run the Exchange permission Wizard and there were many failures at first,

but I think it is correct now

It has to be something silly…I will keep working on it.

MSM Lives here

D:\CommServer\Utilities\MessageStoreManager

I have one MsmData.xml in the

D:\CommServer\Utilities\MessageStoreManager directory

Sounds fishy, especially since it was working before (I think I remember you saying that).  I'll mess around on my lab server this weekend and see if I can recreate some sort of error scenario.  Probably will be very hard to do but worth a shot.

Good luck - let me know if you figure it out.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: