cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco/Linksys QuickVPN Client

jdleon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who needs to VPN out of the network to access a database server.  He was told that he need to install the Cisco/Linksys Quick VPN Client, whicn uses ports 443 and 60443.  I of course opened these ports on the ASA firewall, but he cannot connect.  Has anyone had a similar problem?  I have be researching on the net but have not found anything useful.  I will contact Linksys support, but my guess is that this client only works with Linksys routers/vpn devices.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

This client is used to connect to an SA Firewall.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9932/index.html

Is this the VPN endpoint device?

Federico.

No it isn't.  I asked the tech who installed the client and he doesn't know much.  So, this QuickVPN client will not work with the Cisco ASA?

No,

The QuickVPNclient is intended for the line of Small Business Products of Cisco/Linksys.

Not intended for the ASA.

In order to connect to the ASA via VPN client you can chose from the regular Cisco IPsec VPN client, the SSL Anyconnect and L2TP connection.

Federico.

Thank you. Appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: