Helpful
Replies

Need solution

sateeshk10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here is the requirement:

I  have three locations(A,B,C).. Now I looking tunnel redundency.

A -- B one tunnel(this should be always primary)

A - C on tunnel(This should be always secodary)

If the primary is down tunnel traffic should switchover to secondary and again it shld switchover to primary once it back on opertional..

I looking for configuration example..

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Sateesh kumar.k

3 Replies 3

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

I don't get it, you have 3 locations, but you are saying one tunnel from A to B and one from A to C, but then you just have two seperate tunnels to two different sites ?

Hi,

Thanks for your immediate response

We have a  back to back connectivty B to C....

If A wants to access application @ C, first A will land @ B and access the applications @ C thru back to bakc connectivity. here is the flow

A-B - C

If A- B is down, then A will land on C and will access the B thru back to back.here is the flow

A-C-B.

Bit confusion will be there as design is like that....

One more question can I run GRE tunnel on ASA/PIX?

Regards

Kumar

GRE tunnels are not supported on the ASA to my knowledge.

What routing protocol are you using?  I found an example of how to pass OSPF traffic over an IPSEC tunnel with the ASA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00804acfea.shtml

If you are running a routing protocol like OSPF, when if one of your sites goes down you and have your traffic flow roll over to the other site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: