So I have a brand new spanky 525G and am testing the various options with it. Here's the issues I am having:
1. You cannot provision it over wireless, it must be connected directly to the UC
2. Even if you choose to disable and save the wireless configuration, it always comes back on. I even completely deleted the wireless configuration, but it still keeps trying.
3. I followed the doc for the VPN setup of the phone and everything took fine, but when I set it up for VPN it looks like it works and the status says it's connected and tunneled, but I cannot get dial-tone and get Network Error on the screen (it works fine connected to the UC520 7.1.x) Now I did not call it the same name as in the document - Does it have to be called spa525g ?
4. The easy of use of just plugging into the remote site works fine, but when I bring it back to the UC and connect it, it still trys to VPN in? I have to manually disable the VPN on the phone.
5. The items above almost seem that the Save button is not doing anything on the phone....
The phone is running 7.4.3 SW and 1.0.0 HW.
When I check the UC it does not show me a SPA525 load, yet it configures fine so I assume it's using one of the other phone loads.
Also the UC VPN works fine using the Anyconnect client in full tunnel so I know that part is working.
It's getting frustrating, but I'll give it one more go; deleted the VPN phone config and change the name to spa525g and try again. If that doesn't work I'm going to be upset for such an expensive phone...but the wireless is cool