cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I enable ASR for UCCX Premium

bryantmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

I have Nuance Recognizer 9 and Nuance TTS 5 installed on my CRS server. The TTS works great, but I just installed the recognizer. All the services are up. I used the AA.aef to test the ASR, but the script never prompts for spoken input. It only asks for DTMF.

Does the aa.aef NOT use ASR? My thoughts were that I should be able to speak and the recognizer software would convert spoken input and use it in variables.

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You installed it on the UCCX server?  wow.

Sounds like you forgot to change the Media group on your trigger.  In the script, do you see a step that gets the ASR variable from the contact?  This value is only true if the trigger is assigned an ASR media group.

So go modify your trigger, click Yes to override media termination, and move over one more ASR groups.  Then call it again.

Hi Anthony.

Yes you were right. I did not have an ASR group for the trigger.

I added the group to the trigger and removed the "default".

Now the call experiences a fast busy.

I removed the ASR group and the call goes through normal, however it is only working with DTMF.

I checked the subsystems in UCCX and both TTS and ASR are "In service" using port 4900.

I have both Nuance Recognizer 9.0.3 and Vocalizer 5.11 installed on the same Windows 2003 server as DEMO versions.

I assume that I can run them both on the same server, so now I am trying to figure out why the call immediately gets a fast busy. The script never gets hit and a CTI port never get assigned.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryant.

I think you need both... A Cisco Media Channel Group and the ASR Group.

Thanks Anthony. I was able to finally get the AA.Aef script working.

Now I need to create my own script and use the aa.aef one as sort of a roadmap template.

I am not quite sure how the container prompts, simple recognition, grammars work together to gather spoken words from the caller and use them to query a database.

Is there any documentation out there that I could reference.. ie. 642-242 Unified Contact Center Enterprise Implementation(UCCEI) Study Guide?

I cannot find that material anywhere.

Thanks,

Bryant

Question, does anyone know how to disable ASR, automatic speech recognition, from inside a UCCX script?  Is that even possible?

J

That wouldn't be possible, but you could just have two triggers on the same application, one with ASR enabled on the Trigger and one without, and just transfer the caller to the correct Trigger.

Thanks a million.  Makes sense.  I'll try that idea. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: