Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change IP of a CUxAC server?

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Anyone know how to change the IP address of a CUxAC server without a rebuild and re-license?

Applicable to CUEAC, CUBAC and CUDAC, when you change the IP the service fails to start and you cannot get access to the config through webdamin, probably get into the DB and change there but anyone know how?

Cheers

Andy

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thats a new one for me.   You would probably ask TAC for this... but I assume you would have to rebuild the box.  Unless they have a hidden utility like in UCCX (doubt it) where you can update the IP address.

In ARC, its pretty tightly tied to the hostname and IP address for doing local calls to the SQL database.   You could try to update the host file with the old IP address, but thats only a band-aid.

Hi

Well - in my experience of ARC there are a few places to look (all ARC Enterprise here, I've not looked at the Cisco rebranded ones).

Db.config (I think, in the app fodler in program files - this stores the links between the Admin tool and the config DB).

Registry (HKLM/Arc Solutions//)

Any DSNs

The config DBs themselves are pretty transportable on the Enterprise product - you can pull one from another server, load it up and as long as the DNs etc are OK it can start.

I really couldn't advise on the rebranded consoles, so would concur that you want to speak to TAC.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Guys

You are right there are some registry settings that needed changing, I posted the same question on the ARC forum and got the below response:

/////////////////////////

Chances are you just missed one or two of the Registry settings,

Please check the following locations to see if they are configured by IP  so you know what to change next time;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call  Connect\Configuration\Defaults -

DefaultLogDBServer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Configuration  Database -

Server

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Defaults -

CTI Server Name
Last Connected Server
Presence Server Name
Server Name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\LDAP Synchronize Server\CT Connection\Primary -

Server Name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\LDAP Synchronize Server\Defaults -

Server Name

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arc Solutions\Call Connect\Logging Database - 

Server

Also the following file;

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Utilities\Config.db

this will contain two lines similar to;

ATTCFG, Configuration DB, <>,sa ,<>
ATTLOG, Logging DB, <>,sa ,<>

Also check to see if IP is being used here.

as a recommendation i would advise using Hostname as this is a lot less likely to change.

an official document on this procedure is currently being worked on so look out for this in the future.

Hi

Thanks for posting back the info.. good to hear it's fairly similar to the product I'm used to!

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: