cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the IPSec throughput of Cisco 3945 / 3925 routers?

shinseiipcom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know about IPSec (3DES/AES) throughput of Cisco 3945 / 3925 routers? I read about diffrent IPSec throughput values of Cisco 3900 series routers but there is no official site or document claiming about throughput. I got IPSec throughput information about other Cisco routers but not about Cisco 3945.Can someone provide some official documentation about same?

As some Cisco router vendor says that it is similar as Cisco 3800 series routers but these routers gives very low IPSec throughput around 210Mbps.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The throughput of a 3925 is 426.49mb and 3945 is 502.78mb (un-encrypted).  Cut the figure in half and that should give you encrypted throughput values.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For the 3945, IPSec throughput is 278MB and this number is not exceed 75% of the CPU. For the 3925 it is 223MB.

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

Thanks for the information. Is there any official documents for this? Just for record.

Unfortunately not.  I got these numbers unofficially from Cisco in an email, because I was comparing the 3800 with the new 3900 series for IPsec solution.

HTH

Reza

Reza, Is the figure unidirectional traffic or can I receive and send 223 Mbps at the same time on a 3925 ?

Regards

Umesh

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Normally, performance numbers are for aggregate volume.

I've attached a Cisco whitepaper that has ISR performance stats.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card