Helpful
Replies

cue editor

TY08
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

does anybody familiar with cue editor?

i need to know how to change the default system greeting with the custom greeting. as you know that through the cue gui you can create dial by first name - last name or vice versa. then, the system is going to play its default greeting like "please enter the first name followed by last name." i don't like that greeting, does anyone know how to replace that greeting with the custom greeting?

i have been looking on the cue editor, but i don't what parameters or where to locate that greeting.

thank you guys...

5 Replies 5

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I have done this before. It's pretty simple if I am remembering correctly.

In your editor, first build a varible that is a DBN prompt just like you do for your main menu prompts.

Then, on the DBN's - Name To User - right click and go in to properties.   There, go in to the Prompt tab and select "Customize Prompt" instead of "Default Prompt". Then below it you select the prompt you just built in your variables.

Record the DBN prompt like normal and upload it on to the AA where you need it.

Hope this helps. If needed, I can email you my script .aef file to "See" what I mean.

Stacy

hi stacy,

thanks for the response.

when you create a new variable, i am assuming it's going to be prompt type, right, and how about the value box. what does it need to be?

i already have the custom prompt created, but how do i associate the prompt?

also, do you mind sending that sample to my email bluesh20@yahoo.com?

I sent you an email describing all of it...  let me know if you don't see the email!

hi stacy,

thanks, for some reason my script flow is giving me an error when it tries to dial by name. it gets to the option, and it allows me to enter the person's name. but when it tries to reach the extension, it's saying system error and hang up.

any idea?

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to remind you that Cisco offers bona fide support for the CUE editor. You can email ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com with your questions.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: