WVC210 HTTPS configuration

Answered Question
Mar 19th, 2010

How can I configure the WVC210 to access using HTTPS instead of HTTP?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Glenn Quesenberry about 6 years 8 months ago

This was pointed out to me already after I replied to your post.  I have sent this issue over to the PM to review and verify and will update you here once I have an answer.  My sincere apologies for the documentation inconsistency and rest assured we are working to correct it.

Best Regards,

Glenn

Correct Answer by Glenn Quesenberry about 6 years 8 months ago

The WVC210 does not support using HTTPS (ref. pg 99 of Admin Guide).  You can however specify an alternative port other than port 80 (page 61 of the Admin Guide).

Best Regards,

Glenn

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
cello2805 Fri, 03/19/2010 - 08:23

Well, thanks for your answer but in the datasheet of the cam, Cisco provide HTTPS Support. (The WVC210 can also be managed securely using HTTPS.). Please review with product management to remove this text from datasheet if it's not supported.

See Datasheet "Cisco WVC210 Wireless-G PAN Tilt Zoome (PTZ) Internet...." page 2.

Network protocols such as 802.1p priority, 802.1Q VLANs, and Dynamic DNS (DDNS) are

also supported. The WVC210 can also be managed securely using HTTPS.

Correct Answer
Glenn Quesenberry Fri, 03/19/2010 - 08:26

This was pointed out to me already after I replied to your post.  I have sent this issue over to the PM to review and verify and will update you here once I have an answer.  My sincere apologies for the documentation inconsistency and rest assured we are working to correct it.

Best Regards,

Glenn