Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 integration with ACS 5.1

Reidar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible to integrate LMS 3.2 with ACS 5.1? I know it works with ACS 4.X, but I can't get it to work with ACS 5.1.

Here is a link to how to do it with ACS 4.X:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps2425/prod_white_paper0900aecd80613f62.html

Regards

Reidar

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

according to this thread, it seems ACS 5.1 is ready for LMS integration but LMS is not readdy for ACS 5.1 integration ....

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/675371#675371

View solution in original post

LMS cannot and will not be able to integrate with ACS 5.x.  The reason for this is that ACS 5.x removed the necessary integration hooks.  The plan for LMS going forward is to remove ACS integration support, and add support for customizing roles into LMS directly.  ACS will still be supported for authentication, though (this includes ACS 5.x).  ACS 5.x is supported for integration ONLY today in LMS 3.2.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

according to this thread, it seems ACS 5.1 is ready for LMS integration but LMS is not readdy for ACS 5.1 integration ....

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/675371#675371

Thank you. Then I'm going to use the ACS as an TACACS+ until LMS will support ACS 5.X

there is still one think I am curious about... jclarke talked about summer 2010, this is the expeted release date for LMS 4.0 - so I am not sure if was thinking of LMS 3.2  or LMS 4.0 (or both) when he talked abut support for ACS 5.1....

waltereyetan
Level 1
Level 1

Guys i seem to be having the same issue, has this been resolved? This is Mid-may.

Regards

None that I'm aware of. It seems that there is a bug in ACS 5.1 as well. When I configure the LMS server to use TACACS+ the ACS server will give the user level 1 access, even if I have configured the ACS server to grant level 15 access. It could also be that I have configured the ACS server wrong :-)

/Reidar

Thanks Reidar.... hmm very strange. I really wish an expert would respond to this thread as it will help a lot of people who might be planning to deploy these versions and they can help put this matter to rest once and for all. Not sure why LMS 3.2 will not support ACS 5.1 and it might help to know when it will (updates etc). Kindly let me know if you get any further information. My deployment is so large that setting a local username and password on all the devices is not an option unfortunately .......

LMS cannot and will not be able to integrate with ACS 5.x.  The reason for this is that ACS 5.x removed the necessary integration hooks.  The plan for LMS going forward is to remove ACS integration support, and add support for customizing roles into LMS directly.  ACS will still be supported for authentication, though (this includes ACS 5.x).  ACS 5.x is supported for integration ONLY today in LMS 3.2.

You wrote:

The plan for LMS going forward is to remove ACS integration support, and add support for customizing roles into LMS directly

That sound very, very good !!!  Will this function already be implemented in LMS 4.0 ?

Best Regards

Hendrik

Yes, LMS 4.0 will have locally customizable user roles.

Joe, i think i'm having issues even with the authentication. The error i'm getting is protocol mismatch have you seen this before?

Regards

Start a new thread for this problem.

Sure Joe will do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: