Monitoring the Cisco ACE module with SNMP

Unanswered Question
Mar 19th, 2010
User Badges:

We use 2 redundant Cisco ACE loadbalancer in our datacenter

The models are ACE20-MOD-K9 with software A2(2.0)

Does anybod know how to monitor the environment (cpu, memory) of such a module with snmp?

We were not able to find an applicable MIB for that module.

The CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.oid (ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/oid/CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.oid) seems not to reflect the correct oid's.

What are the correct oid's for cpu and memory?

Where can I find a detailed documentation for snmp-monitoring the cisco ace module?

thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
patrik.spiess Wed, 03/31/2010 - 22:50
User Badges:

After upgrading to version A2(3.0) it still seems not to be easy to monitor the system environment with snmp.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Patrik

Sean Merrow Sun, 04/04/2010 - 09:10
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Patrik,

The PROCESS mib (attached) is the only one for monitoring the CPU and memory.  It is module wide and not per-context.  If you open the MIB file, you'll see the most information on each MIB available.  If you load the MIB into a SNMP tool and do a MIB walk, you'll see all the instances fill in with descriptions.

Sean

mueller-bech Tue, 04/06/2010 - 05:22
User Badges:

Hi Patrik,

to monitor the ACE I use these two MIB's:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-SLB-MIB.my

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-ENHANCED-SLB-MIB.my

Example for CPU:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} cpmCPUTotalEntry 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1

The resource usage and other interesting things you will find with a MIB browser.

Achim

patrik.spiess Tue, 04/06/2010 - 23:36
User Badges:

Ok thanks. So far so good.

I managed to see the cpu usage. but what about the memory?

It seems, that I can see the memory of each individual process (by snmpwalking 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.2.3.1.1.1)

But where do I find the total amount of the physical memory used?

Thanks

Patrik

Actions

This Discussion