CUCM 7.1.2 BAT Phone Custom File Issue

Answered Question
Mar 19th, 2010

I have a custom file that i would like to update phones (custom file) with however i have the details eg: device name = MAC addr, and description = description. However when you hit the find button it finds no devices.

This is strange as if you search for the phone with the same details under phones it works fine with no issues.

Anyone else experienced this or knows how to get this too work .

I've tried it with Txt file and .csv file and same results....

see details of the txt file...

MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 1,SPEED DIAL LABEL 1,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 2,SPEED DIAL LABEL 2

Cheers.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by christoph.ditte... about 5 years 10 months ago

Hi,

we looked at this issue and made it more  complicated than it really is. The custom file is only used to search  for your devices - similar to the query.

To find phones use a text file without header and put device names you want to search for in it, one device name per row.

I tried it in my 8.0.3su1 and it found the two phones I was looking for.

My example file is named update.csv and consists of the following two rows:

SEP002290BA33DD
SEP002290BA33A6

In the next step you can select the config-options you want to update

regards

Chris

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Aaron Harrison Fri, 03/19/2010 - 09:26

I can't remember off the top of my head which it should be - your headers indicate it should be MAC address, but if that doesn't work I would try the full name (i.e. SEPxxxxxxxxxxx).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

bryn.thomas Fri, 03/19/2010 - 09:51

Hi Aaron,

I have tried this with both the MAC address and with preceding SEPxxxxxxxxxx should have stated that in the intial question.

Still get same issue where no records are found.

Regards.

David Hailey Fri, 03/19/2010 - 12:04

Ditch MAC address and use DEVICE NAME as the header field.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

iptuser55 Mon, 07/05/2010 - 03:42

Did you get this to work ,I have the same issue- Changed form MAC ADDRESS to Device Name and DEVICE NAME both failed to locate any phones

thanks

Correct Answer
christoph.ditte... Mon, 01/17/2011 - 23:50

Hi,

we looked at this issue and made it more  complicated than it really is. The custom file is only used to search  for your devices - similar to the query.

To find phones use a text file without header and put device names you want to search for in it, one device name per row.

I tried it in my 8.0.3su1 and it found the two phones I was looking for.

My example file is named update.csv and consists of the following two rows:

SEP002290BA33DD
SEP002290BA33A6

In the next step you can select the config-options you want to update

regards

Chris

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content