cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.2 BAT Phone Custom File Issue

bryn.thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a custom file that i would like to update phones (custom file) with however i have the details eg: device name = MAC addr, and description = description. However when you hit the find button it finds no devices.

This is strange as if you search for the phone with the same details under phones it works fine with no issues.

Anyone else experienced this or knows how to get this too work .

I've tried it with Txt file and .csv file and same results....

see details of the txt file...

MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 1,SPEED DIAL LABEL 1,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 2,SPEED DIAL LABEL 2

Cheers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

we looked at this issue and made it more  complicated than it really is. The custom file is only used to search  for your devices - similar to the query.

To find phones use a text file without header and put device names you want to search for in it, one device name per row.

I tried it in my 8.0.3su1 and it found the two phones I was looking for.

My example file is named update.csv and consists of the following two rows:

SEP002290BA33DD
SEP002290BA33A6

In the next step you can select the config-options you want to update

regards

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can't remember off the top of my head which it should be - your headers indicate it should be MAC address, but if that doesn't work I would try the full name (i.e. SEPxxxxxxxxxxx).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I have tried this with both the MAC address and with preceding SEPxxxxxxxxxx should have stated that in the intial question.

Still get same issue where no records are found.

Regards.

Ditch MAC address and use DEVICE NAME as the header field.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Did you get this to work ,I have the same issue- Changed form MAC ADDRESS to Device Name and DEVICE NAME both failed to locate any phones

thanks

I'm experience the same issue using CUCM 8.0.3a

Any fixes for this yet?

Hi,

we looked at this issue and made it more  complicated than it really is. The custom file is only used to search  for your devices - similar to the query.

To find phones use a text file without header and put device names you want to search for in it, one device name per row.

I tried it in my 8.0.3su1 and it found the two phones I was looking for.

My example file is named update.csv and consists of the following two rows:

SEP002290BA33DD
SEP002290BA33A6

In the next step you can select the config-options you want to update

regards

Chris