cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 radios can't see neighbors

ewood2624
Level 5
Level 5

I'm having problems with 1142 radios not being able to see neighbors.  It seems to be random and not centralized to one specific area or WISM.  We have 6 controllers all running 6.0.188.0 with 160 1142 radios in a dense deployment.  Everyday I'll see a random AP that is pumping out 100 mW and cannot see the neighbors.  After a quick reboot, it seems to work fine.  Anyone else having the same problems?

4 Replies 4

JEFFREY SESSLER
Level 1
Level 1

When you configured Country/DCA on your controllers, did you by any chance select say, US2 (excludes the UNII-2 bands), then at some later point enabled those UNII-2 channels in US2 instead of switching to US? If so, it's possble that the 1142 in question is then using a UNII-2 channel, but the neighbor function is only looking at the channels that are vaild (default) for US2.

All the APs were set up on US.  Since the problems started, I moved them over to US2, but i

t didn't seem to correct the problem.  All the APs are configured for US on the country code.

Is this problem on 802.11b or 802.11a radio?

When you find one of these deaf 1142s, what channel is the deaf radio running on?

While it can't see neighbors, do neighbors see it?

When in this state, can a client get a connection to the 1142 in question?

It seems to be on both the a and b radios.  I disabled the a radio just to rule it out and it still happens on all the channels for the b radios.  When the clients attach to the AP that lost it's neighbor association, some of the clients will work briefly and then disassociate.  The AP cannot see any neighbors and the neighbors cannot see the AP.  The AP still runs its TPC update, but since it can't see neighbors the AP will ramp up it's power to 100mW and make the rest of the APs power down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card