Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Authentication using TACACS+

dbarboza27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to use TACACS as the primary method of authentication. The thing is that I configured in WAAS the values required (security word, primary server and secondary server). Also, in Authentication Method I chose TACACS as primary and local as the secondary.

After that I logged in to the WAAS using my TACACS account and I could enter, but the Navigation Pane is empty. It seems like my account doesn't have permissions to change config, but it is level 15 in TACACS ( I used to change config in Sw and routers).

I dont know if I am missing a step to config this feature either on the WAAS or the ACS.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

todd.martin
Level 1
Level 1

TACACS really only provides a single "A"  Authentication.

Are you allowed or not....

in order to provide Authorization, you need to still create the account in CM. and provide a role and domain in the user config.

Leave the Local user check box "unchecked" if you plane to use TACACS to Authenticate.

Im sure there is a way to provide authorization through complex custom attributes but it achieves the same goal via CM. once authenticated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

todd.martin
Level 1
Level 1

TACACS really only provides a single "A"  Authentication.

Are you allowed or not....

in order to provide Authorization, you need to still create the account in CM. and provide a role and domain in the user config.

Leave the Local user check box "unchecked" if you plane to use TACACS to Authenticate.

Im sure there is a way to provide authorization through complex custom attributes but it achieves the same goal via CM. once authenticated.

I created the accounts in WAAS (Admin --> AAA --> Users) and it is working well. Thanks for the advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: