Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding lines to side car

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Call Manager 6.0.1 and I am trying to add lines to a side car. The user currently has lines setup on the sidecar, she would just like them updated. I click on the modify lines button at the top of the lines list, I have disassociated the lines she wants removed but I cannot figure out to update with the new lines.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if you "Delete" the DN then it is deleted from the CUCM database.  You need to use the "Disassociate" action on the line to simply remove the line from this particular phone.  Then you can configure a new extension in it's place and the other line will still be on any shared devices or simply remain in the DN database if it is not configured elsewhere.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you disassociated the lines, reset the phone.  When you do those lines should appear as empty lines and you can go and configure them just as you would any other line.  You also could have simply replaced the DN for the lines to be removed and then configured the line as needed, reset, and that's it.

Hailey

Can you walk me through how to replace the DN?

Click the line that you want to reconfigure.  Enter the DN and applicable partition.  Then you simply configure the rest of the settings for the line such as Alerting Name, VM Profile, CFWD settings, and etc.  Are you seeing something different when you look at the phone with the side car configuration?

If so, send me a screen shot.

Hailey

so from the screen shot attached, what should be the next step?

Well, first you are looking at the page to reorder the button associations.  Your button associations are fine unless you need to replace lines with other functions.  Go to the the actual high-level device configuration page for the phone.  And the buttons/lines that say "Add a New DN" - click the one you want to add line to and configure the line with DN and other settings, as needed.  It's that simple.

Hailey

ok in the attched pic, I am at the line appearances, if I go into line 9 and delete it to replace it with another ext, wont it delete the line from CCM?

Yes, if you "Delete" the DN then it is deleted from the CUCM database.  You need to use the "Disassociate" action on the line to simply remove the line from this particular phone.  Then you can configure a new extension in it's place and the other line will still be on any shared devices or simply remain in the DN database if it is not configured elsewhere.

Hailey

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: