Helpful
Replies

How to configure HighUtilization Threshold

andrecsthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 running.

I keep getting these high utilization notifications from my 6506 switch where the thresholds seems to be set to only 40%.

Can someone tell me how to configure the LMS or switch to set the utilization threshold to say about 80% ?

The following is what I get via SMTP from CiscoWorks:

EVENT ID                = 0000P4J

ALERT ID                = 00002ZJ

TIME                    = Fri 19-Mar-2010 15:01:20 VET

STATUS                  = Active

SEVERITY                = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT          = 192.168.100.11

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE     = Switches and Hubs

EVENT DESCRIPTION       = HighUtilization::Component=PORT-192.168.100.11/1.2 [Fa1/2] [** Member: EtherChannel Trunk Group to MER1 6506 **];OutputPacketRate=4330.4336  PPS;Type=ETHERNETCSMACD;CurrentUtilization=44.208015  %;InputPacketRate=5729.854  PPS;TrafficRate=5526002.0  BYPS;UtilizationThreshold=40;DuplexMode=FULLDUPLEX;MaxSpeed=100000000;

CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = AndreThompson

CUSTOMER REVISION       = 1.0

Thanks in advance.

- Andre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Threshold > Managing Thresholds.  Select your device group, and click Edit.  Set the utilization threshold to the desired value, save your changes, then go to Apply Changes back under Polling and Threshold.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Threshold > Managing Thresholds.  Select your device group, and click Edit.  Set the utilization threshold to the desired value, save your changes, then go to Apply Changes back under Polling and Threshold.

Hi Joe

Thanks for your prompt response.

I just need to figure out which one of the device groups I need to select :-)

Thanks again.

According to the event you provided, the group would be "Switches and Hubs".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: