Views
Helpful
Replies

Reg. upgradation of AIP-SSM to 7.X

ankurs2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have read in the document that the minimum required version for upgrading to 7.0(1)E3 is 5.1(6) or later.Does that implies that one need not go for upgradation from 5.1(6) to 6.X and can directly reach 7.0(1)E3 ?

Also , I have a query regarding pair of ASA Firewall in Active- Active mode , each with AIP-SSM-20 5.1(6) version and above .If i need to upgrade the ASA from 7.2 to 8.2 and AIP-SSMs to 7.0(1)E3 , shall i go for ASA upgradation first or the AIP-SSMs ? 

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are right. You can upgrade directly from 5.1(6)E3 to 7.0(1)E3, but please be advised that the 5.1(6) version that you are running has E3 engine, not E1 or E2 engine.

It doesn't really matter whether you upgrade the ASA first or the AIP module first because as far as the software is concern, they are independant of each other.

Hope that helps.

Can anyone let me know procedure to upgrade Cisco Intrusion Prevention System, Version 6.0(2)E1 to 7.0(2) E4 or 7.0(4) E4

Also please provide supporting documents as well. I am struglinf to find proper documents/procedure/recomendation on this.

------RD

Here is how you would upgrade it via CLI:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.0/configuration/guide/cli/cliImage.html#wp1243115

OR/ alternatively you can do it through IDM:

Configuration --> Update Sensor --> download the upgrade file locally to your PC, and choose: Update is located on this client --> choose the upgrade file --> click on the "Update Sensor" button.

Hope that helps.

actualy i wanted to know if i can upgrade directly from E1 to E4.

If you are running 6.0.2(E1), yes you can upgrade it directly to 7.0.x(E4). The minimum version to ugprade directly to version 7.0.x(E4) is 5.1.8.

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card