Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 not going on hook

WESTERNware
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy folks!

I have an SPA-3102 gateway which has routed calls between my PSTN and VoIP carrier effectively for the better part of the past 4 years.  Recently, it went off hook on my VoIP line, and it won't hang up (go back on hook).  The attached phone is fine -- I checked it in isolation; I checked the VoIP line in isolation, it too is fine; and the PSTN line is fine - also checked in isolation.

When I swap 3102's (I have a few of them) everything is perfect.  I just can't get this particular 3102 to go on hook.  Furthermore, with this 3102, there is no dial tone, and IVR isn't working.

A contributing factor may be the recent firmware update I performed on my 3102.  (That is the only significant event of recent.)  Notwithstanding, the gateway continued to work fine after that for a week or so...

I have re-updated the firmware -- with the thought there may be something in there...  Same results.  I have cycled the power on the unit multiple times; I have taken it off line with no power for a good spell and then tried again...  Same results.

Is there a way to reset these without IVR/touch tones?

Can anyone direct me to an earlier firmware?  (At this time I am at firmware 5.1.10; my hardware version is 1.4.5(a).)

TIA,

Cowpoke

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

samsonluk
Level 1
Level 1

Go back to 5.1.7 you should be fine

View solution in original post

You need to have a suitable dial plan, try work on this direction.

Sorry for I am away from home and can't answer in more details.

Sent from my iPod

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

samsonluk
Level 1
Level 1

Go back to 5.1.7 you should be fine

Hi,

I successfully downgraded my SPA3102 to version 5.1.7 - as suggested.  My phone goes on hook now - progress!  That is reflected on the status tab.  (Thank you to samsonluk.) As before, though, I am still not getting a dialtone.  The touch tone buttons are responsive (they make their various tones), however, I can't access the IVR menu.  ...not sure what to do...

I believe the inner workings are still ok -- the indicators light up in the familiar order, my VoIP line gets registered; however, I cannot dial out, and my phone doesn't respond to people dialing in.

I can provide a full breakdown of the configuration if that helps figure this out; otherwise, I am still looking for that secret reset button (where is it?)

TIA!

You need to have a suitable dial plan, try work on this direction.

Sorry for I am away from home and can't answer in more details.

Sent from my iPod

I am not confident it has much to do with the dialling plan.  I have a backup 3102 which I've configured identically and it seems to work fine.  I do have other plans for that unit though, so I'd like to get the original 3102 working again.

I tested the unit last night -- purposely configuring invalid VoIP parameters -- the unit did not register, and the indicator did not get illuminated; when I corrected the parameters, the unit did register, and the indicator illuminated.  Again, I think the unit is working on the inside fine.

The phone I connect works fine with the backup unit; it is okay.  However, when I connect it to my problem unit, I don't get a dial tone, and after dialling 7 numbers (with tone feedback), the line goes dead.

I appreciate your help!

WESTERNware
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed my 3102, finally.  I went through the settings on the Line 1 tab with a fine toothed comb and removed settings and reverted to default settings where I couldn't justify/explain the setting otherwise.  My 3102 is back up.

Thank you all who offered assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: