cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use external music source for MOH on CUCM 7.1?

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have just installed Call Manager 7.1 and would like to use an external music source that we pay for as our music on hold.

Is this possible?  If so, how do I get the audio onto the call manager?  I was not sure if I could add and audio card to the call manager server or if an external server is needed.

Seth

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

You need to get the USB Audio adapter, part # MOH-USB-AUDIO= which hooks up to server via USB and lets you plug in a 3.5mm audio source into the USB box as a audio feed. Can come from a boom box, iPod, another PC, etc.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Seth,

You are going to need this part

MOH-USB-AUDIO=

If recorded or live audio is needed, MoH can be generated from a fixed source. For this type of MoH, a sound card is required. The fixed audio source is connected to the audio input of the local sound card.

This mechanism enables you to use radios, CD players, or any other compatible sound source. The stream from the fixed audio source is transcoded in real-time to support the codec that was configured through Unified CM Administration. The fixed audio source can be transcoded into G.711 (A-law or mu-law), G.729 Annex A, and Wideband, and it is the only audio source that is transcoded in real-time.

The Cisco MoH USB audio sound card (MOH-USB-AUDIO=) must be used for connecting a fixed or live audio source to the MoH server. This USB sound card is compatible with all MCS platforms supporting Cisco Unified CM 6.x and later releases.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/moh.html#wp1043602

Cheers!

Rob

Edit; It looks like my horrid typing skills let me down again (+5 "E"!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

You need to get the USB Audio adapter, part # MOH-USB-AUDIO= which hooks up to server via USB and lets you plug in a 3.5mm audio source into the USB box as a audio feed. Can come from a boom box, iPod, another PC, etc.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Seth,

You are going to need this part

MOH-USB-AUDIO=

If recorded or live audio is needed, MoH can be generated from a fixed source. For this type of MoH, a sound card is required. The fixed audio source is connected to the audio input of the local sound card.

This mechanism enables you to use radios, CD players, or any other compatible sound source. The stream from the fixed audio source is transcoded in real-time to support the codec that was configured through Unified CM Administration. The fixed audio source can be transcoded into G.711 (A-law or mu-law), G.729 Annex A, and Wideband, and it is the only audio source that is transcoded in real-time.

The Cisco MoH USB audio sound card (MOH-USB-AUDIO=) must be used for connecting a fixed or live audio source to the MoH server. This USB sound card is compatible with all MCS platforms supporting Cisco Unified CM 6.x and later releases.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/moh.html#wp1043602

Cheers!

Rob

Edit; It looks like my horrid typing skills let me down again (+5 "E"!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: