Hi. I am a new owner of one of these, I thought I'd leave some feedback in case anyone cares.
* I first reviewed the whole new user guide, and found it to be in pretty decent shape. The only issue I have with it is that some of the variable content that only shows up under certain conditions has been omitted from the screenshots.
* the whole bit about having to reboot, and the reboots taking so long, every time you make some change, gets old very quickly. Is it really necessary to reboot for ?2? minutes for every little change?
* if it is, why can you not warn me first and let me decide to do it later, or save changes and reboot once for the whole set? Even a consumer class dlink router warns me and gives me a chance to think twice. I guess this leads to the philosophy of 'dont touch the router unless it is a good time to reboot it'. However, I doubt that the developer of this mess ever sat down and provisioned one of these from start to finish. They would probably be suicidal afterward.
* the 'service management' page needs to be redone, it is clumsy, hard to understand, and not user-friendly. I expect business-class products with web UIs to be at least as easy to use as the consumer class products. Watch a newbie try to add a service and you will see what I mean. Or if it is going to be hard to use, then second choice is to provide a help button!
* log settings leave a lot to be desired. if not on the web page itself, why does the manual not explain the level #s and what they are for? and no warning that certain settings are going to bombard me with little mail messages. and the items don't have a level # in them to know why they were chosen to go in the mail. Again, no screen shots for this part!
* finally, I played a bit with IPV6. I found that the router somehow got an IPV6 IP address on its own, and after over-writing that address with one of my own, it soon reverted back. It would be nice if more documentation existed for the ipv6 aspects of this product. the manual is a bit lite on details. As in my first bullet above, it would be great if the different modes with their impact on the UI were reflected in the manual as screen shots.
I am hoping this will be very stable for me, I'll report back in a month or two unless something really bad goes wrong.