Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with installing new line card 7600-SSC-400

hieumit_1604
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a trouble when trying to install new line card 7600-SSC-400 on Cisco 6509. Here was the message displays on the screen after I finished installing the line card : "%C6KPWR-SP-4-UNSUPPORTED: unsupported module in slot 7, power not allowed: The image for the card is not bundled in image." I tried to install this line card on another slot, but it doesn't work. The attched item is logfile which I saved in the installing session. I don't know what I hvae to do now, please help me to resolve this problem !

Thanks so much,

Hieu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your IOS image needs to be "Advanced IP Services" feature set to run IPSEC-SPA module. Currently you are running "IP Services".

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/features.html#wp2782875

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your IOS image needs to be "Advanced IP Services" feature set to run IPSEC-SPA module. Currently you are running "IP Services".

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/features.html#wp2782875

Hope that helps.

Hi Halijen,

Thanks very much for your help.After updating IOS to ADVIPServices version, I inserted this line card to SW6500 without any warning message, but I have new problem, the status of this line card is ok, but It's in "OutSrvc" state in sub-module and the status of sub-mod 7/0 is "Not Applicable" in Online Diag Status. I don't know why it's in this state because It's the new line card which I recieved from Cisco. Could you please help me to resolve this new problem.You can refer to the attached item for more information.

Thanks a lot,

Hieu

Hi Hieu,

You might want to run the following to see more detail of the error:

show diagnostic result module all detail

And I would also suggest that you reseat the 7600-SSC-400 line card firmly back to the switch, and check the status again.

If it's still showing the error, maybe you can try seating the module on a different slot, and check if you have the same issue.

If the issue still persist after reseating and testing it on different slot, then it might be a hardware issue, and you might want to open a TAC case to further investigate it.

Hope that helps.