Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with installing new line card 7600-SSC-400

hieumit_1604
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a trouble when trying to install new line card 7600-SSC-400 on Cisco 6509. Here was the message displays on the screen after I finished installing the line card : "%C6KPWR-SP-4-UNSUPPORTED: unsupported module in slot 7, power not allowed: The image for the card is not bundled in image." I tried to install this line card on another slot, but it doesn't work. The attched item is logfile which I saved in the installing session. I don't know what I hvae to do now, please help me to resolve this problem !

Thanks so much,

Hieu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your IOS image needs to be "Advanced IP Services" feature set to run IPSEC-SPA module. Currently you are running "IP Services".

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/features.html#wp2782875

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your IOS image needs to be "Advanced IP Services" feature set to run IPSEC-SPA module. Currently you are running "IP Services".

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/release/notes/features.html#wp2782875

Hope that helps.

Hi Halijen,

Thanks very much for your help.After updating IOS to ADVIPServices version, I inserted this line card to SW6500 without any warning message, but I have new problem, the status of this line card is ok, but It's in "OutSrvc" state in sub-module and the status of sub-mod 7/0 is "Not Applicable" in Online Diag Status. I don't know why it's in this state because It's the new line card which I recieved from Cisco. Could you please help me to resolve this new problem.You can refer to the attached item for more information.

Thanks a lot,

Hieu

Hi Hieu,

You might want to run the following to see more detail of the error:

show diagnostic result module all detail

And I would also suggest that you reseat the 7600-SSC-400 line card firmly back to the switch, and check the status again.

If it's still showing the error, maybe you can try seating the module on a different slot, and check if you have the same issue.

If the issue still persist after reseating and testing it on different slot, then it might be a hardware issue, and you might want to open a TAC case to further investigate it.

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: