Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus manager user tracking problem

Hi We are using LMS 3.0.1 and the campus manager verson is 5.0.2. We have two subnet which are used for the management ip of switch kept in two different geographical areas. I have made the entry of all devices kept in both subnets and all the devices are know device in DCR, RME and DFM. also after data collection the devices are shown in campus manager database. But I am not able to learn the end host details of the hosts connected to one of our segment.

even if the perticular subnet is not appearing in "campus user tracking" as well as the devices belongs to the subnet. but I am getting all end host details from the second subnet.

please help.

13 Replies 13

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team,

Here we are unable to learn any of the 10.188.7.x network in campus manager. But 10.188.8.x devices are learning without any issues. Ciscoworks server ip itself is in the range of 10.188.7.x.

Im attaching the pdshow, & all the ani logs...

please help us....

~pr

Hi Clarke/Cisco experts,

Pls help me...

rajesh

The first thing you might try is upgrading to Campus 5.0.5.  There were some bugs where Data Collection did not complete properly which led to UT failures.  The log indicates there was some kind of DC problem, so an upgrade may fix things.

Upgrade, then run a new Data Collection, then run a new UT acquisition.  See if the missing end hosts show up.

Hi clarke,

itseems 5.0.5 is not available, can i go ahead & update to 5.0.6 --> cwcm5_0_6_win.zip

Let me know if anything else to to done or taken if the issue still persistis ??

-rajesh

Sorry, I meant 5.0.6.  Upgrade Campus to 5.0.6, and see if the problem persists.

Hi clarke,

i have updated the cm to the latest but still it did not learn. Later i added the 10.188.7.x ip addresses manually in the discovery settings instead of " *.*.*.* " - ip range. Now i am able to see these devices in topology view > layer 2 veiw as connected devices & not seen in unconnected..

Now i need to see the hostname, ip address etc details of these segments in UT acquisition window.... Secondly in topology view, the core switch is showing in "?" question mark symbol. This device is WS-C6509-E (sup-bootdisk:s72033-ipbase-mz.122-33.SXH3a.bin). I tried to delete this device from common services and added it again, there i selected "ws-c6509", i did not see the " ws-c6509-E".

in Cisco site, the serial number of the device is showing as the device "VS-C6509E-S720-10G"

Can u pls help me on this..

regards

rajesh

Are the MAC addresses of all of your end hosts now showing up in UT?  That is, can you see the MACs, but you are missing IP and hostname data?

As for the VSS, you will not be able to manage this switch in Campus, nor see its end hosts in UT.  To get VSS support, you need to upgrade to LMS 3.1 or later.

Hi clarke,

Are the MAC addresses of all of your end hosts now showing up in UT?  That is, can you see the MACs, but you are missing IP and hostname data?---Exactly correct, i am able to see the MAC addresses & Device names, but not IP & hosnames...

Pls find the attached screen shot of the same....

I have attached one more screen shot, when i selected the devicetype in common services for this device...

request you to verify this also...

Hi Joe clark,

Pls reply to the above...............

regards

rajesh

Then this means that the router which contains the ARP entries for these MAC addresses has not been properly managed by Campus Manager.  what is the router which holds these ARP entries?  Is it the unsupported VSS device?

Hi joe,

as per the ANI.log, VladSMFGetVlanPorts.getData() returns null for device 10.188.7.1, no CAM table read.

this is that switch..

can u pls check this...

regards

Rajesh

hi joe,

i strongly believe that this might be a vss support dependency with regards to the LMS version 3.0.1 as you have mentinoed in all the other threads.

but another vss switch (6506) works fine with this bundle.

is this problem affected only for 6509 switches ? any idea ?

regards

rajesh

All 6500s in a VSS configuration have the same sysObjectID:1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.896.  If the device has that sysObjectID, then Campus 5.0 does not support it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: