Called number translation pattern

Unanswered Question
Mar 22nd, 2010
User Badges:

Dear All

Is it possible to put wildcard mask for Called party Transformation mask in Translation pattern (to match incoming Called number)

Here I am using 3 digit extension (small site) for the user phones. Calls come by 4 digit extension through gatekeeper trunk.

example: i have a range of extension 3xx

if the incoming called number is 0xxx and I need to translate the incoming called number to 3xx and match the configure phone.

Please help.

Siraj

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Mon, 03/22/2010 - 09:17
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Called Party Transform Mask

Enter a transformation mask value. Valid entries for the NANP include  the digits 0 through 9, and the wildcard characters asterisk (*) and  octothorpe (#); the international escape character +; and blank. If the  field is blank, no transformation takes place. The dialed digits get  sent exactly as dialed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html

EDIT: Actually now that i see it, the documentation lacks that it supports X as a valid character

You can have the pattern as 7XXX, transform mask as 8XXX and you'll just change the 7 for an 8. Or leave XXX and send the last 3 digits only.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Actions

This Discussion