Dear Gurus,

Is this applicable on 7206-NPE-G2?

tia.

5 Replies 5

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Talking about native GE port, output Flow-control is not supported by the Hw. It will only react on pause frame reception.

HTH

Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

Just also did a little research, on the 7206 it uses software flow control and no way to turn this off. ON 6500 and the like, its on a hardware based therefore we can shut that off, pls correct me if im wrong.

Thanks.

My understanding is software based flow-control has been disabled on the 7200 because it was not scalable. But there is a cosmetic bug on the sh interface which shown input flow control as XON instead of unsupported.

It has been fixed via CSCsr53390

Thanks

Laurent.

By default in all mode(gbic/rj45)/config, 7200(NPE-G1/C7301) native gig interface supports reception of pause frames (i.e on reception of pause frame,
transmit will be paused). But sending pause frames is not supported with all config. Please refer below points.

In GBIC mode cofiguring "neg auto" will enable transmission of pause frames during congestion. cofiguring "no neg auto" will disable transmission of pause frame capability.

In RJ45 mode cofiguring "speed auto" or "duplex auto"  will enable transmission of pause frames during congestion. Fixed speed and fixed duplex will disable  transmission of pause frame capability. "neg" CLI has no impact on rj45 mode NPEG1/7301 native gige interfaces.

By default in all mode(gbic/rj45)/config, 7200(NPE-G2) native gig interface supports reception of pause frames (i.e on reception of pause frame, transmit
will be paused). But sending pause frames is not supported in NPE-G2 native GIG.

Francisco.

Hi, i have this cisco 1921 and its got this output flow-control is XON, input flow-control is XON how to disable this one?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card