Views
Helpful
Replies

does CUP 7 work at all?

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

CUP 6 was perfect, worked great.

Upgraded to CUP 7 (System version: 7.0.7.10000-11) and people sitting next to each other can no longer IM. 4 guys in a room and 3 of them can IM. Status indicators and softphone control work for all of them.

Is there some super gotcha that I am missing, because I have searched and searched and cant find anything.

Or is there a way I can get my hands on the CUP 8 software? (but I dont believe CUP 8 works with UCM 6.1 so that probably wouldnt help)

Im desperate for ideas.

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CUP8 is in beta... not released yet....

CUP7 does work

Would suggest that if you have 1 user that can't IM that you enable detailed logging in CUPC, and take a look at the logs or post them here...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I am admittedly frustrated because CUP 6 was so easy...It just worked and worked well. I only upgraded because he had to give back the HP appliance and the new IBM appliances have to be 7.0(5) and up.

Its not just one user its more like a half dozen across the country that worked perfectly on version 6.

was just looking at the RTMT and the syslogs, not entirely sure how to do detailed logging but I will poke around and give it a try. Thanks.

I see where to enable the traces but there are so many different services and such im not sure what to pick.

I assume the service group is CUP services, but how about the service:

Client profile

SIP proxy

Sync agent

presence engine

OAM

intercluster

or

config

?

Hi

Maybe start on a CUPC client itself - under the Help menu there is a 'enable detailed logging' setting.

Once you enable that (and probably restart) you can do a 'problem report' from the same menu to gather the logs.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Nothing really jumping out at me in the CUPC logs. Is there anything particular I should look for?

New observation though-

I have 10 people green in my contact list, I can only IM 2 of them. Those 2 that I can IM do not show me as available, I show as offline to them. They can only IM to each other and me, and no one else on the system. That doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Found this bug

CSCsl54845

Looks like my problem...The bug status is "fixed" and it says it was fixed in release = "pending"

which means call tac and beg for a hotfix or something.

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

3 hours on the phone with tac and we figured it out.

In version 7 the SIP proxy is case sensitive and it isnt in version 6. I am not LDAP integrated for authentication yet I use the directory for user lookup, so the fact that Joe.User was in ldap and he was joe.user in callmann pretty much pooched the whole deal.

I am looking into doing full ldap integration so I dont have to deal with this when I roll it out to the unwashed masses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: