DTMF not recognized with IVR based outbound campaigns

Answered Question

Hi,

We are using IPCC Enterprise with H323 CVP as an IVR platform.

We configured IVR based campaigns sending the call to the IVR when the customer answers the call.

We configured menus in the IVR but it seems that DTMF are not recognized, since when customers try to chose between the IVR menu options, the system ignores their choices.

Please not that when calling an internal IP phone, DTMF are recognized.

Please also  note that we configured in the Egress gateway the following :

- dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric command

- the codec

- allow h323-to-h323 connections

- tested the VAD and No VAD commands

Can anyone help us?

I have this problem too.
0 votes

This is an outbound dial peer. The Call Manager is sending it to this voip dial peer - then it goes out the pots dial peer on the trunk.

You don't want the "session target ras" call to the Gatekeeper - you are not sending it anywhere. It's on the gateway now.

You don't want a destination pattern of the Dialer ports. Look at the dial peer I and the other poster put up. I am using SIP, but have no "session target sip" line.

You want to catch this dial peer with the "incoming called-number" for all outgoing numbers (customers) you want to call. Hence .T

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)

I have not tried this with H.323 but I have it working under SIP. The dial peer is simple enough on my lab gateway

dial-peer voice 500 voip
description Outbound voip for DTMF dialer with cvp
translation-profile incoming BLOCK
incoming called-number 1T
dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
no vad

I have a vague memory that I initially had a problem with DTMF, but I can't remember what I did to fix it. Sorry.

Regards,

Geoff

mohamed-gheta Wed, 03/24/2010 - 03:14

Hello Aketata,

You have to configure voip dial peer with the configuration indicated below;

dial-peer voice 100 voip
incoming called-number .T
codec g711ulaw

It will work with you,

Regards,

Mohamed Gheta

Hi,

The Voip dial-peer is already configured with the right codec and dtmf-relay commands.

The only difference is that we configured the following commands :

destination-pattern 3...

session target ras

tech-prefix 2#

codec g711ulaw

no vad

since the dialer ports extensions begin with 3XXX.

Please note that 2# is the tech prefix that CVP used for CVP Servers Zone and this working perfectly except for the DTMF

Is this correct or should we send the call directly to the callmanager?

Thanks for all.

Correct Answer

This is an outbound dial peer. The Call Manager is sending it to this voip dial peer - then it goes out the pots dial peer on the trunk.

You don't want the "session target ras" call to the Gatekeeper - you are not sending it anywhere. It's on the gateway now.

You don't want a destination pattern of the Dialer ports. Look at the dial peer I and the other poster put up. I am using SIP, but have no "session target sip" line.

You want to catch this dial peer with the "incoming called-number" for all outgoing numbers (customers) you want to call. Hence .T

Regards,

Geoff

Doan Khanh Tan Thanh Sun, 03/28/2010 - 18:59

In this case, on the trunk in call manger should enable the MTP requirement for DTMF input or you need a MTP hardware if possible.

I'm doing the same IVR based outbound. But from callmanger to gateway I use SIP trunk.

codec is g711u law.

Hope this help.

Hi,

Finally it worked. I changed the following outgoing dial-peer :

dial-peer voice 4 voip
description -- Dialer Ports Calls
destination-pattern 3...
session target ras
tech-prefix 2#
codec g711ulaw

to this new dial-peer :

dial-peer voice 4 voip
description -- Dialer Ports Calls
incoming called-number .T
codec g711ulaw

I did not enable the MTP requirements and this worked perfectly.

P.S We are using CUCM 6.1(4) CVP 4.1 with H323.

Thanks for the help.

hammad.saleem Fri, 11/12/2010 - 23:24

Hi,

I am facing the same type of issue but the different thing is that DTMF in working few of calls and not working in few of calls as well. You can say 50/50.

We are using SIP as signaling between CUCM -> Gateways and CUCM -> CVP. Sip trunks has MTP checked and codec us 711uLaw.

A dialpeer is also configured on both outbound gateways which has been suggested by Geof.  It seems to be a resources problem. Dun know exactly where may be on gateways, cucm or cvp.

Please advise if anybody can help and face same type of problem.

Regards,

Hammad.

Actions

This Discussion