cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Swichport qos config for cisco voice gateways and call managers servers

marramix01
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled auto qos for the switchports (cat 3750) connecting to the user's cisco ip phones.. However, I am not sure if the switchports where any of the other devices need to have qos enabled - i.e. cisco routers (voice gateways), call manager servers, etc. I think it would make sense that switchports where voice gateways are connected would need to have qos enabled. But I can be wrong. Can anyone assist? Thanks.

Marramix

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

QoS needs to be configured anywhere that voice/video traffic may travel. This would definitelly include the switch ports that PSTN gateways and UC servers (UCM, Unity, CCX, etc).  You may want to read the QoS SRND to get started: Enterprise  QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide Version 3.3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You would want to configure the port as a trusted port.

So for autoqos:

Auto qos voip trust

In addition, if the port is an access (i.e. non-trunk port) you must configure the port to trust DSCP as there will be no CoS markings.

So:

Auto qos voip trust

Mls qos trust dscp

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: