cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Query

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I have a scenario given by customer and I am trying to figure out solution for that. See the scenario below

Link A

Server Network---->Router<------------------->Router---------CustomerA

A    <---------------------->  B     ---------CustomerB

LinkB                                                 

What custoemr wants that customer A should always use LinkA to reach Server and customer B should use link B to access server and there is EBGP peering between both the routers over both the link. Customer does not want to use Policy routing.

I am able to separate the link when server send traffic but in reply only one link is being used. Any suggesion will be very helpful. is there any way in BGP to achieve the above requirement. IBGP.Attributes, confederation anything ??

Thanks

Ninja

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ninja,

If you want to separate customer-A from customer-B then you can put each customer in a their own VRF.

HTH

Reza

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ninja,

I agree with Reza deploying VRF lite would allow you to deploy two logically separated topologies.

To be noted  that if one link fails the other cannot be used to carry traffic of the other VRF.

Also to be noted recent PBR implementation is efficient both in routers and in multilayer switches.

So PBR is probably the best solution because it allows to implement also link redundancy

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card