Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving BGP events in Ciscoworks

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have been experiencing issues with our backup Internet Circuit due to issues with BGP.

Our local router is being monitored and managed by DFM, is there any way to get alerts for BGP events?

I.E. Possibly configuring syslog collector to filter logs based on BGP ADJChange and send email alerts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  You can configure an RME automated action to send you emails when you get such syslog messages.  Your AA config will look like:

Facility : BGP

Sub-facility : *

Severity : 5

Mnemonic : ADJCHANGE

Description : *

The action type will be email.  Just make sure the devices are configured to send syslog messages to the RME server at the proper facility (local7 by default).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  You can configure an RME automated action to send you emails when you get such syslog messages.  Your AA config will look like:

Facility : BGP

Sub-facility : *

Severity : 5

Mnemonic : ADJCHANGE

Description : *

The action type will be email.  Just make sure the devices are configured to send syslog messages to the RME server at the proper facility (local7 by default).

Sounds good.....I read this in the documentation.

Always good to double-check before I implement this......I'm only going to be configuring this for about 5 or 6 routers so the directory

shouldn't grow to much if I configure this correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: