Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with new version 8.3.1

I know that there must be a DRAM upgrade on ASA before upgrading to version 8.3.1, but maybe is too new that I didn't found any information about it, but someone knows what new issues has this release that needs this memory upgrade?

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks Collin for your answer, I view the release notes before, but I was expecting some new exciting features than those to upgrade memory, just to know if it's necessary to upgrade memory now or maybe in a few months later.

Thnaks

I agree that there's nothing to excited about yet. I would assume there is some cool stuff coming down the pipe and Cisco wants people to be prepared for it.

There are some major changes like global ACL and nat simplification and real ip that probably require redesign and probably more memory.

Smartcallhome is a feature that will keep being enhanced so it might add more memory.

SSL VPN is constantly being worked on.

Along with the already mentioned "Secure Borderless networks" related features that will come in the future.

So I gues there are and there will be more memory needs.

If you don't upgrade you can still run the image. But if you run out of memory at some poing and you lose your traffic or your ASA acts up you will know why..

I hope it helps a little.

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card