cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP vlan template?

mscherting
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to set-up the locally switched H-REAP vlan(s) via WCS template?

Thanks!

14 Replies 14

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know in WCS v6.0.181.0 you can set the native vlan and the ssid to vlan mappings.  What version are you running?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I'm currently running WCS 6.0.132.0+

I've been looking for a template to set the H-REAP vlan mappings, rather than doing it per AP.  Either I'm not finding it or 6.0.132.0 doesn't support it.

May be time to upgrade.

Thanks.

You create a template and have to apply it to an AP oR multiple AP's

-Scott

On the AP parameters tab, in the LW AP template detail I can enable H-REAP and select a native vlan but the Profile Name - VLAN mappings area doesn't take input or offer a option to set or select local vlan IDs.

I'll dig up the release notes on the newer version of WCS.

Refresh config from controller... You have ap's in H-REAP mode?

-Scott

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you click the "Show All Profile-Mapping"?  Or is this still not what you are looking for?

When I click that, nothing gets populated.  I've already got half a dozen H-REAP sites with different native and local vlans.  I'm just looking for a way to do groups of APs, rather than one at a time.

I'll refresh the configs again.

Do your SSIDs show up there

-Scott

Nope, even after refreshing configs from controllers, retaining template associations.

Can you post a screen shot

-Scott

Here is what I see on my lab WCS... I check H-REAP/REAP Configuration, then click on Show All Profile-Mapping.

-Scott

Thanks for the screen shots.  I took off early Friday.

My screen shots would look like your first one.  Unlike your second one, I never see anything in the Profiles box.

Perhaps I'm shooting myself in the foot using the same SSID at the H-REAP sites as at the centrally switched sites.  The difference being the H-REAP WLANs are mapped to the management interface but with traffic dumped onto a locally routed/switched vlan.  Strange though, not one SSID shows up in the profiles box.

I would expect to see multiples of the same SSID with differing locally switched vlan numbers corresponding to local vlans at the different H-REAP sites.

That would not matter... my ssid's are also set on AP's that are centrally switched so I don't know why your mappings don't show up.

-Scott

Go to:

Configure >  Controller Template Launch Pad >  WLANs >  WLAN Configuration

Select a WLAN that you want to show up in the profiles box.

Go to the Advanced Tab and check the box next to H-REAP Local Switching.

The WLAN will now show up in the profiles box in the AP Template.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: