Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP over ADSL MPLS

lkadlik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer using mpls and their sites are getting dhcp over the MPLS connection from two of their offices. This works fine with one exception. They also have a site using mpls over a adsl connection. Everything works except dhcp across the mpls connection.  The ip helper address is under the LAN port and I see the dhcp discovery request hitting the DHCP server in  Office B.  However, there is never an offer made back to the computer in office A.

Thoughts?

2 Replies 2

droeun141
Level 1
Level 1

Dumb question, but do you have a matching pool? otherwise I have absolutely no idea

There is a dhcp pool set up on the dhcp office .  What is interesting is the dhcp discovery packet is being received by the router though the current thought is that there is something missing in the packet. No where in it do we see the router ip address that is forwarding the packet. I spent some time looking at the ip dhcp relay information option command but from what the server admin and I have found so far the option we are looking to implement ( Option 82 suboption6 for a subscriber-id) is not supported on a windows 2003 dhcp server and this is what they have.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card