Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow DDI number to be shown to called party

jenny_flannigan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Normally when we call out on a DDI it shows to the person being called as "private caller"

I want to allow the DDI number to be shown to the caller.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are configurations within CUCM to restrict calling party number on outbound calls.  If you haven't done that, then you would need to speak with your PSTN provider.  Your trunks may not be properly configured for passing CLID on numbers associated with your trunk group(s).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

The PSTN provider tells me it needs to be done with callmanager

see below what I have done - is this correct

Connected Party Transformations
Required Field
Required Field

Ok, if I understand you correctly - you want your DID's to be displayed on OUTBOUND calls but they are currently showing to external parties as "Private Number" (or "Unknown Number").

The Connected Party transformation settings you pasted in control what is displayed on the IP phones when they receive an INBOUND call.

Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation

Calling Party presentation information controls whether to display the  phone number and name information that CUCM sends in setup for OUTBOUND calls. The 2 key parameters should be:

Here is a link to guide you thru what you need to know:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1051056

You can search for the guide for your particular version of CUCM if that makes you more comfortable but there shouldn't be too much in this settings across Linux versions.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

What about the router? H323 or MGCP? if everything is fine and they confirm that it should be passing the info then id check

or at least verify that the gateway is configured (H323 im assuming).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: