cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1130 AP How can i delete Dot11Radio1?

cjr712444
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a Cisco 1130 access point and somehow a Dot11Radio1 got enabled, I need to remove this from the configuration and just leave Dot11Radio0 working.

when i try I get the following error.

APxx(config-if)#no interface Dot11Radio1
% Removal of physical interfaces is not permitted

I am doing this remotely via telnet so resetting the configuration is not an option.

Thanks,

Chris

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can try "default interface dot11radio1" otherwise just shut down the port.

That didn't seem to work:

APXX#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

APXX(config)#interface Dot11Radio1

APXX(config-if)#default interface Dot11Radio1

Building configuration...

not allowed on Dot11Radio1 interface

not allowed on Dot11Radio1 interface

%command not allowed, cannot remove bridge-group 1Cannot disable station-role

% Error(s) seen setting interface Dot11Radio1 to it's default config

APXX(config)#

conf t
default interface dot11radio1
end

If it throws an error message just look at the config after the command and the values that you've configured should be gone.

maybe i am missing something ... just do a shut to the intreface. You cant no the interface becuase it a phyiscal intreface ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I have a number of these Access Points installed and only 2 of them show this Dot11Radio1 interface, the rest only have Dot11Radio0, it's some side effect of when I reconfigured them after they were already configured.

LeoLahoo I tried the command the way you described, did a write to startup config and rebooted the AP the Dot11Radio1 interface is still there.

is there any way to wipe the config but leave the IP address so I can still connect to them?

thanks,

Chris

As George has mentioned, a Cisco AP may have one or two radios.  1131 has one radio and 1132 has two.  There is now way for you to remove the default configuration of a radio because it's physcially there.  The best I can think of is to just shut down the radio as described in my post.

Just out of curiousity, what is your "beef" with the radio?  You have an AP with two radios, why turn it off?

My issue is the Server I have that manages all the wireless access points is alerting me that a port(Dot11Radio1) is down and disabled when really it does not need to be there.

I have a number of 1130s that don't list this second radio in their config, they are all the same version. Somehow I created this issue by making changes to the config on some of the APs, I'm trying to figure out how to UNDO it without resetting the radio.

could it be that the Dot11Radio1 is not enabled by default? are there really two radios in the 1130?

here is the exact version and model: Cisco IOS Software, C1130 Software (C1130-K9W7-M), Version 12.4(21a)JA1

Thanks,

Chris

Do a show ver and what model number does it show... or you can look on the back side of the AP.  Here is a link to show you the different model numbers... Like the others mentioned...shut the interface should fix your issue if you have an 5ghz radio.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6087/product_data_sheet0900aecd801b901c.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card