cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Challenge Voice/Security Engineers?

tsmarcyes
Level 1
Level 1

I've had two TAC engineers stumped.  What's crazy is this isnt any crazy scenario.  This is a common scenario with a remote branch where all traffic (data and voice) should go across a tunnel from a 2801 to a ASA.  This is just a regular site to site ipsec tunnel.  Before, all data/voice was going across a T1 and everything wa working fine.

The data works fine.  The phones register and can make exten to exten calls perfectly.  Calls to local or LD numbers fail.  The phone rings and immediately goes to fast busy.

Debugs on the pstn gateway (h323) show no setup messages being received from the callmanager.  The pstn gateway and callmanager can ping the phones just fine.

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most probably the PSTN gateway does not have the correct route to point the traffic back towards the LAN-to-LAN tunnel. Most of the time, I saw that PSTN gateway only have 1 default gateway. Check on the gateway to see if you have route back to those phone subnets.

The pstn gateway does have the correct route.  It has a default route that points to the asa which is one end of the tunnel.  Like i said, the pstn gateway can ping the phones just fine.

Can you share the topology diagram please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: