Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure VPN Site-Site between Two ADSL routers

virgoboy009
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I am lookig to configure site-site vpn between two ADSL routers , but the problem is their public keeps changing after very re-conect from their respective

ISP. I heard there is still some solution to overcome this with the helo Dyanamic DNS registration .

Request you valubale thoughts and suggestion and apprecaite your quick resposne.

Regards,

KA.

4 Replies 4

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

By, "their public keeps changing", I assume you mean public IPs?

Here is an example as to how DDNS is configured on a router using DynDNS as the DNS service (http://www.dyndns.com/).

http://forum.dyndnscommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1193&sid=941ed62ac05e5b2170e49a184ddc294b

I haven't tried this but in theory all you then need to do in the set peer command of the crypto map is to enter the DynDNS name of the remote router.

Hello Sean,

Yes i mean Public IP's at ADSL line will keep changing at every re-connect.

Let me try follow your instructions and see how much i will be able to solve it.

Regards,

KA.

CSCO11851445
Level 1
Level 1

Hello erveryone,

i have the same project Site to Site VPN with ADSL. DynDNS works fine, but the ipsec VPN Site to Site doesnt works.

I mean, configure vpn with dynamic crypto maps should be the correct way, if I implemtation the fqdn???

If I use it with static crypto maps and static ip, it works finely.

Who has an howto to configure it?

Thanks and Best Regards

Torsten

Hi,

I haven't tried this but in theory all you then need to do in the set peer command of the crypto map is to enter the DynDNS name of the remote router.

then you need to use these : crypto isakmp identity hostname  and crypto isakmp key xxxx hostname  commands

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: