Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS & AP: AP name keeps resetting to mac

sudip.acharya1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just installed an AP in WCS. When I goto the properties of that AP, i am able to change the name just fine but 2-3 minutes later the name resets back to the mac address of the AP.

I tried changing the name thru WCS and the Controller.

Any ideas appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Would be nice if you can provide more information such as version of the WLC and WCS you are using.

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The same thing happens if you change it on the controller?  I assume it changes to AP?  The WCS is just reporting what the controller is telling it if this is the case you have an issue on the controller and we do need the controller version.

Hi,

I am facing similar issue. The AP name gets reset to 'APMac-address' on reboot. My controller version is 7.0.98.0. I appreciate any suggestions to resolve the issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Madhan kumar G

Hi,

From what i recall, I had to change the name from the controller, not wcs.

Hi,

I am having the same issue with one of my WAP's.

It has been deployed for just over 2 weeks now and was fine until this weekend. Saturday evening and now this morning it has changed its name from what I have supplied through the WLC back to the MAC based name.

WLC5508

3502i AP

code 7.0.98.0

Running in HREAP mode.

I have some 16 AP all running off this controller and so far this is the only AP that appears to be having this weird issue.

I do 95% of my configuration through the gui of the WLC and the other 5% through the gui of WCS.

The name giving was done through the WLC.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have also openned a case with the TAC 618060639

Thanks !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card