cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC v 7.0 Hangs for One User

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

CUPC v 7.0 on Windows XP system.  I have a CUPC user whose client hangs when he logs in.  It follows his account, we have deleted and re-added his account to no avail.  He is able to log in but all menus are grayed out and the client hangs when he tries to click on anything.  Also his contacts never show status.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Beth

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Can you access the 'Server Health' page?

Does this user have digest credentials configured in CCM?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The user can not do anything in CUPC, the client hangs immediately.  Not sure what digest credentials are, the user has CUP and CUPC Capabilities Assigned Information to his account.  This particular user does have several phones in his name.  The extra phones are conference room phones. Thanks.

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

If it follows his account, you may go to CUPS Admin > Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > User Settings > his account.  Try set the profiles to "none" one by one and test.  See which profile was causing the problem.

Also, you may go to CUPC > File > Preferences > Accounts.  Try to blank out the voicemail or web conference account.  See if that alleviate the problem.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

I have this problem with the voice mail on CUPC (unity connection).

If I have the profile active on a user and if the user enters the credentials on the Account settings the CUPC client crashes with “No responding” message.

What is this problem about?

What shall I do to fix this?

thanks

Hi.

the problem was the LDAP Authentication on CUPS.

Change the port number to 3268, reboot the Dir and IMAP service.

Now IMAP is working ok.

VINH DOAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. I am running CUP 7.0.X and CUPC version 7.

0.2. Evertyime I login, i don't go available and if I click on any part of the CUPC
area, it just hangs.

searching thru Cisco docs, there is a document that said that if you have voicemail settings configured in the Preferences, Account, then it will cause the CUPC to crash. Try to blank out your voicemail settings in Preferences, Account. If your CUPC just keeps on crashing and you can't get in to make the change, then login to the Presence server and remove the voicemail profile for that user. End your CUPC client, then log back in. It should work.

here's the link to the Cisco doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6844/products_tech_note09186a0080afa514.shtml

Hope this helps

Vince

vince.doan@nexusis.com

Thanks for everyone's responses.  The user has been on travel to VoiceCon this week.  I went in to the presence server and disabled all his features except ldap profile in the Application Profile Configuration.  Today from the Orlando airport he was able to login and IM with just the ldap profile.  I enabled CTI Gateway Profile, he logged out and then back in and his softphone worked.