cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Services Client: Configuration file is missing or invalid

sushilkaushik
Level 1
Level 1

I had Cisco Secure Services Client for VPN and it was working fine until a day when I normally shutdown my machine. The next day when I tried to start Cisco Client, it was showing the following message at the bottom of the window (see attachment):

"Disconnected... Configuring file is missing or invalid. Contact your administrator."

and it doesn't show any network available.

After that I have uninstalled and reinstalled it many time but its still showing the same message. I dont know which file is missing or invalid and where.

BTW.. after this issue I installed Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi utility and it's working fine - using this I am able to connect to internet and then VPN.

Any idea, what's wrong.

ThanX

Sushil

3 Replies 3

sushilkaushik
Level 1
Level 1

I found the name and location of the file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco Secure Services Client\system\configuration.xml

But now the issue is that this "configuration.xml" is automatically getting renamed to "configuration_bad.xml" automatically and I dont know why.

There is another folder which has this config file with same name and this file is also gettinng renamed as above, automatically.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco Secure Services Client\newConfigFiles

How does it know that it's a bad file and how can I get a good XML config file?

I had the same issue. I moved my CSSC management folder to the root

(c:\) and it worked after that. I tries to locate the configuration files from root and upwards it seems.

Hi,

I already have same issue and i cant solve this problem. Please give me detail for solve this issue.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: