Unanswered Question
Mar 23rd, 2010

I am having an issue integrating our MCU / CUVCM with our Call Manager. I can make calls from Call Manager to the MCU, but from the MCU back to the Call Manager does not work. The MCU can call other h323 endpoints that are registered to our Cisco IOS h323 gatekeeper. Some background:

CUVCM (latest version)

3515 MCU (h323 registers with CUVCM internal gatekeeper)

IOS H323 Gatekeeper (2 zones, config below)

Single Call Manager cluster with 50 remote sites, 1000 phones, 6 digit extensions (leading 2 digits are different at every site)

Call Manager has an h225 trunk to the gatekeeper, is registered, and I can place calls to the MCU and start a conference. However, the MCU cannot dial out to invite people. I would be happy with the MCU dialing a 6 digit extension, but it can't even do that. First time with h323 gatekeeper so I probably have it all wrong, but the config is below. - IOS h323 gatekeeper - CUVCM server - Call Manager Subscriber

205... - Service prefix on my MCU

...... - represents the 6 digit extensions of all the IP Phones connected to our Call Manager

zone local ccm
zone remote cuvcm 1719
zone prefix cuvcm 205...
zone prefix ccm ......
gw-type-prefix ...... gw ipaddr 1720
no shutdown
server registration-port 20000

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mohammed.naviwala Sun, 04/11/2010 - 06:29

did yuo manage to get this resolved? we have the same issue. can you pls post the config here if you did manage to get this resolved.

compren Mon, 04/12/2010 - 06:30

I am working with TAC on the issue, but will let you know the solution when they get it to me. Definately not a config problem though.

compren Mon, 05/03/2010 - 13:23

We finally got this working. We tried several different things and I'm not sure that any one of them worked by itself, but I figured I would post what some of the changes were:

Call Manager:

On the trunk we enabled Inbound Fast Start and Redirecting Numer IE Delivery. Disabled Wait for Far End H.245 Terminal... and also added 1# as the Technology prefix.

Here is the gatekeeper config we eventually worked out:

zone local corp
zone remote cuvcm 1719
zone prefix cuvcm 205...
gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
no arq e164 early-lookup
use-proxy corp remote-zone cuvcm inbound-to terminal
use-proxy corp remote-zone cuvcm outbound-from terminal
no use-proxy corp default inbound-to terminal
no use-proxy corp default outbound-from terminal
no shutdown
server registration-port 20000