cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Display on Phone

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We use CCM 6.1.4 and I ahve set up some 7961 phones with BLF similiar to 7961 phones where it works. On the newly added phones phones there is an icon next to the BLF person that looks like phone key pad. On the 7961 phones where it works the icon next to the BLF person is a phone. I was told there was a software upgrade can some one tell me this upgrade or the possible reason we see a different icon and the BLF does not work?

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Have you checked the newly added phones see if they have the same "Subscribe Calling Search Space" as the old/working phones?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I guess I do not understand "Subscribe CSS" I have the newly added phones on the same CSS as the ones that are working and do not have a Subscribe CSS in the call manager.

BLF won't work without Subscribe CSS.

You may go to CUCM > Device > Phone and find a phone that has BLF working.  You may find the Subscribe CSS from the phone's configuration.

In short, Subscribe CSS needs to be able to reach the DN that being monitored.

Michael

BLF works here without Subscribe CSS !

If the monited DN in "none" partition, of course you don't need CSS. 

As you can see in the screen

shot I have sent on the Directory Number Configuration page the Partition is Local and the CSS is LongDistance_CSS and it works just fine with the phone in CCM that are configured this way. I have the newly added phone configured this way and BLF does not work.

I don't see any screenshots.

Subscribe CSS could be configured in device or line level.  If visual inspection didn't come up with anything, you'll need CCM logs to debug.

Michael

Hi Mojo,

The fact that you only see the keypad icon definately suggests that the monitored DN status cannot be determined, and this is usually due one of two reasons as suggested in earlier post.  It could be attributed to either the device being a difference presence group other than the default standard presence group, if you have created any or it simply the Subscribed CSS is also different.

Can you confirm that the IP Phones where BLF is working that monitored DN is within the same partition to that of the DNs on the phone's where it is not working.  Therefore simply make a comparison between the working BLF IP Phone and the Non working BLF Phone, is there any characteristics which are different regarding the presence group and Subscriber CSS?  As a test, could you simply create a new CSS called CSS-Presence for example and add only the partition which is associated with each of the monitored DNs, then assign this as your Subscribe CSS on each device.

If you could provide screens shots of the device and line for the working BLF IP Phone and the non-working BLF phone, then we can also determine if any aspect is configured differently.

Thanks

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: