cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Download CoreDump Files using CLI

WSonnylal
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone have the instructions on how to download a CoreDump file via the CLI using the file get and an SFTP server?  I assume these files are being store in the activelog folder but when I issue the following command from the CLI

file list activelog *.*

it returns 0 files and 0 directories.

I know you can also use RTMT to collect the crash dumps but I would rather use the CLI.  You can view the core dump files on the server using

utils core active list

How do I download it using file get???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not sure about that specific file, but my method for finding things is like so:

File list activelog /

Will list you the root folders, you can then append them and repeat:

File list activelog /cm/

Etc...

If you really struggle to find something that way, you can try :

File search activelog * aaron recurs ignorecase

To search all files for instances of 'aaron' - one trick is to pull the file via RTMT, and then open it and find a string in it you can search for.... then find it via the CLI and you'll know where it is next time.

Would be nice if there was a document telling you where everything was...

I guess what you are looking for would be somewhere in:

File list activelog platform/

Once you find it, I find that file get can be a bit picky about which SFTP servers it will write to... but the above should get you started...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not sure about that specific file, but my method for finding things is like so:

File list activelog /

Will list you the root folders, you can then append them and repeat:

File list activelog /cm/

Etc...

If you really struggle to find something that way, you can try :

File search activelog * aaron recurs ignorecase

To search all files for instances of 'aaron' - one trick is to pull the file via RTMT, and then open it and find a string in it you can search for.... then find it via the CLI and you'll know where it is next time.

Would be nice if there was a document telling you where everything was...

I guess what you are looking for would be somewhere in:

File list activelog platform/

Once you find it, I find that file get can be a bit picky about which SFTP servers it will write to... but the above should get you started...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey thanks Aaron, that's exactly the clue I needed.  Now I can see all the folders.

Happy to help...

Please don't forget to rate helpful replies and mark answered threads you are happy with!

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: