cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 - Static Host Translation

apantoja
Level 1
Level 1

Where do you set up a Static host translation?  let's say (for example) the public address is 64.233.169.147 and I need to map it to 192.168.1.150  where do I set this?  I can then set the firewall rules to allow the specific inbound traffic?  Please help!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

1-to-1 NAT is not supported on RVS4000. Other small business routers such as RVL200 and RV042 support 1-to-1 NAT.

View solution in original post

Port Forward Range (also under firewall) has inside address, but this is for specific ports.

Under firewall, there is 'Edit IP ACL rule" which can be done for services (existing or ones you define) and private inside IPs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firewall: Port Forwarding Range

apantoja
Level 1
Level 1

I mean more like:   ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.254 x.x.87.171 route-map IP_NAT_STATIC_ROUTEMAP_1 extendable

I have a couple of servers on the LAN and I need to make sure there are static maps for each of the servers.  The port forwarding doesn't seem to have a place to put the public to the private address - I have a /29 available to me and I want to have some static mappings.  I do not want to port forward the IP address of the firewall (RVS4000).

Thanks!

1-to-1 NAT is not supported on RVS4000. Other small business routers such as RVL200 and RV042 support 1-to-1 NAT.

Port Forward Range (also under firewall) has inside address, but this is for specific ports.

Under firewall, there is 'Edit IP ACL rule" which can be done for services (existing or ones you define) and private inside IPs.

so for the time being, until I purchase a Cisco RVL200 4-Port SSL/IPsec VPN Router, I will just port forward and allow the default firewall rules of any, any. 

Thank You.

apantoja
Level 1
Level 1

I was disappointed to find out the RVS 4000 will not do 1:1 NAT. But at least I know the RVL200 will.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: