cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1 to 2 NAT

westcare
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get our mail server to talk through two different NAT addresses.

One is to a public IP that works and has been in place.

We've recently partnered with another company and we need to send email to their domain through a VPN.

The VPN is operational.

Our Firewall is an ASA 5520 and it act as both the firewall and the VPN.

What is happening is servers, such as our mail server that are already NATed to a public IP are trying to use the public translation instead of the VPN translation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

westcare wrote:

We've recently partnered with another company and we need to send email to their domain through a VPN.

The VPN is operational.

What is happening is servers, such as our mail server that are already NATed to a public IP are trying to use the public translation instead of the VPN translation.

Assuming remote VPN network is 172.16.5.0/24 and your mail server is 192.168.5.10 try this

access-list pnat permit ip host 192.168.5.10 172.16.5.0 255.255.255.0

static (inside,outside) access-list pnat

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

westcare wrote:

The VPN is operational.

Assuming remote VPN network is 172.16.5.0/24 and your mail server is 192.168.5.10 try this

access-list pnat permit ip host 192.168.5.10 172.16.5.0 255.255.255.0

static (inside,outside) access-list pnat

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Thanks for the reply this works.

I also had to remove the 1st NAT for the public IP and put it back in, so the VPN NAT would be higher list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: